Wednesday, November 29, 2006

I'm dying...yarn. Nov 22, 2006 (moved)

And I'm back! Nevermind that it's been nearly a month - but I haven't had anything new to post!

However, that's all changed now thanks to the arrival of my much anticipated order from knitpicks. I got some lovely bare wool to dye, along with some yummy coral colored sport weight for a project under wraps and one ball of cushy moss colored goodness that I don't know what to do with yet.

Last night I took the plunge into Kool-Aid dying. Exhibit A:


See photos of the whole process here.

The color didn't turn out as saturated as I had hoped. I used more than enough Kool-Aid for the amount of yarn, but I think this wool just soaked it up differently than my test run with some Argentine wool did. It's not very even either. But I'm still excited about it and can't wait to get the project for which it is intended done!

I do have a couple of finished projects that I can't show you at this time because they are Christmas presents. Actually, everything I'll be working on for the next month will have to stay a secret until after they're gifted. So watch out!

J is picking me up in 2 hours for our arduous journey to the Northern reaches of Utah. But spending 3 whole days with the fam, eating pie and knitting and visiting will be well worth the drive. I miss those kids. Happy Thanksgiving yo!

P.S. And a very Happy Birthday to Kelly on the 23rd and to Christen on the 27th! I love you girlies!

No comments: